Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Anonymous
Inactive

Hello everyone!

1. This is Chen Munn from Singapore. My background is in Civil Engineering and Transport Planning, but I’m doing more business development now (it’s been 20 years in the transport industry). I’ve always been interested in bicycle infrastructure design, having been involved in the transformation of Singapore’s first cycling town (Tampines) since 2005, and also been involved in several projects to advocate safe cycling here and in building the ‘first’ set of infrastructure in Singapore.
2. But just like in the Netherlands and other cycling cities, we need to make room for improvements in design and for expansion of infrastructure. Things have to be dynamic. I’m always on the lookout to see what can be improved for cyclists and for other road users. I may not be in the ‘right job’ now to directly design infrastructure, but I’d like to give informed advice and contribute as an experienced transport/bicycle professional.
3. I’m certainly open to discussions on how to influence designs for better cycling infrastructure in cities. My email is chenmunn@gmail.com and I can be found on LinkedIn as well. Hope to connect to like-minded advocates here.

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top