Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Stephen Williams
Participant

I m studying a masters degree in urban planning and hope to move into this field.

I have spent 15 years working in the insolvency sector dealing with failed businesses. Over that time I have seen huge changes in business, particularly the retail sector, and so I understand the challenges and trends we are facing in an increasingly digital age.

The coronavirus will lead to huge changes in where we do business, how, and travel.

I also ran for political office and so understand the political difficulties in arguing for cycle infrastructure, especially in cities that are strapped for cash and earn revenue from car parks.

I live in Swansea, arguably the UK’s most car dependant city. Despite the city authority refusing to install cycle infrastructure, there is huge pent up demand, with cycling increasing 300% during lockdown with cars off the road.

Twitter = @steveofswansea

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top