Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Anonymous
Inactive

Hello everyone! My name is Bruno Couto Oliveira, I’m a brazilian civil engineering living in Portugal. I’m here for a master’s degree in Urban Engineering.

1) What areas of expertise do you identify with?
The areas of expertise that I identify with are generally everything about making cities more for people and less for cars, which is certainly related to improvements in the pedestrian and cycling mobility.

2) How do you think your unique perspective will enhance our collective understanding of designing for cycling?
I think the most important point about my unique perspective and experience is that I’ve lived in car-centric cities almost my entire life. In my last city in Brazil until coming to Portugal, Brasilia, essentially built for cars, even short trips are very difficult to be made on foot or by bicycle, and I think it makes me “an expert” in what we shouldn’t do with the cities, specially when we talk about turning them in cycling cities.

3) If you wish, leave your name & contact & social media information here so other course members can get in touch with you.
We can talk about this course and everything related with urban mobility on linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/brunocouto1408 or by email: bruno_couto14@yahoo.com.br

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top