Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Tarik Qirem
Participant

Hi, My name is Tarik Qirem. I’m a highway/traffic engineer who lives and works in London.

1) What areas of expertise do you identify with?
As mentioned previously I am a Highway/Traffic Engineer by trade. I have been involved with a local authority in approved different sized housing developments and have always tried to ensure that cycling is at the head of the queue when a layout is being considered and not something just tacked on as an afterthought.

2) How do you think your unique perspective will enhance our collective understanding of designing for cycling?
I have been commuting by bike for a number of years and I’m also what we call here in the UK a ‘weekend warrior’ who has a nice(r) bike for riding with my cycle club and will regularly do rides of 100km+. When I’m riding and approaching junctions etc and interacting with other traffic I try and figure out how things could be improved. A number of people in the UK refuse to ride as the traffic scares them, I would like to remove what they see as dangers.

3) If you wish, leave your name & contact & social media information here so other course members can get in touch with you.

Tarik Qirem

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tarik-qirem-0a7b002b/

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top