Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Mike Banim
Participant

Hey everyone,

I’m Mike and I’m from Dublin, Ireland. I work in IT so I don’t have a professional background in the area. However I am currently doing an MSc in Sustainable Transport & Mobility in TU Dublin and hope to eventually transition into a mobility-related career. My expertise, such as it is, comes from that, from cycling advocacy with cycling groups I’m a member of, from an interest in mobility generally, and finally from a decent level of exposure to local and community politics over the years.

These things inform my perspective as well. Beyond that, I got rid of my car last year and now rely on walking, cycling and occasionally public transport for all of my mobility needs. I’m also quite interested in cycling as a solution for the mobility impaired, as I have elderly relatives living in suburban/rural locations, and am acutely aware of the paucity of mobility choices they are presented with due to the design choices that have been made in Ireland over the past 60-70 years.

You can find me on twitter: @MikeBanim

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top