Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Anonymous
Inactive

Hi everyone! I’m Arthur, currently living in the Washington DC area. My background is in marketing and venture capital. I am focusing more on the marketing side to gain skills in user experience, web and graphic design. Recently I have been exploring urban planning and design in relation to cities. I want to become more involved in a building an equitable community.

While I am new to the field and do not have the urban planning and engineering background, I see myself fitting in with outreach and community support. Attending local meetings in my area, I see there is a bridge needed to connect people with understanding these ideas and their impact on the community.

I am excited to learn from all of you especially those with urban planning and engineering backgrounds. I wish to be able to work together with you to build support for these new designs and infrastructure plans. Having worked with several startups on building their customer base and using social media, I want to be able to bring those lessons over to growing support for more bicycle & pedestrian design in our cities.

You can find me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/arthur-ferrer-9788a9152/) .

Excited to work with you all over the next couple of weeks!

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top