Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Rob Clarke-Jones
Participant

Hi everyone, hows its going?

My name is Rob Clarke-Jones, I am an urban designer in London originally from a town just outside the city called Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire.

1) My expertise sits within urban planning and urban design, urban planning BA and Urban Design MA.

2) Being an urban designer I completely agree with what George just explained about how bicycle infrastructure design falls within a transport engineering context, a lot of cycling infrastructure around the UK it simply is not good enough. I believe as an urban designer that we can create a constructive collaboration between us and engineers on cycling infrastructure projects, which would only enhance the final outcome. I have already completed the Unraveling the Cycling City course by Marco and George back in February, as well as spending a lot of time over the past few years in the Netherlands from Amsterdam, Utrecht, Nijmegen and so on to small towns such Bemmel in Gelderland.

I am currently working on a design/plan for a pop up cycle network in my hometown, Aylesbury.

3) Feel free to follow me on twitter @robcj94 or connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-clarke-jones/

Looking forward to the rest of the course,

Cheers everyone!

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top