Reply To: Let’s explore and discuss local examples of cycling infrastructure

Home Forums Module 2 – Linear Infrastructure: Lanes, Paths, and Streets Let’s explore and discuss local examples of cycling infrastructure Reply To: Let’s explore and discuss local examples of cycling infrastructure

Cycle path Industrigatan

This is Industrigatan in Helsingborg, the town where I live in Sweden. I like that both the cycle path and the walkway continue uninterrupted past the side street. It is clear for crossing car traffic that cyclists and pedestrians have priority. I also appreciate that there is additional space between the cycle path and the car parking spots so that you don’t have to be afraid of getting doored.

Here is a link to Google Streetview: https://goo.gl/maps/8MFdaYQ8zie3yPtcA

Recently the city has implemented a lot of good quality bicycle infrastructure. But at difficult points cycle paths often just disappear and you find yourself without any protection in a big intersection. So what would make the cycle paths in Helsingborg more useful and valuable would be to combine the different pieces into one coherent network that is direct, safe and convenient to use as a whole.

Shopping Cart