Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Anonymous
Inactive

Hi everyone, what a wide range of people we have here!

My name is Colin and I am a transportation planner working in the capital of Canada: Ottawa, Ontario. I’m originally from the east coast of Canada from a small city called Moncton, New Brunswick.

1. I work on the consulting side of things for a private civil engineering firm: Morrison Hershfield. I studied civil engineering in university but have transitioned more into a 50/50 role at MH handling some design and some traffic/planning.

2. I think I have a great blend of professional working experience in design, traffic and planning, as well as a passion for cycling and cycling design, given that I cycle ~15km each way to work for 8 months of the year and use it as my main mode of transportation despite Ottawa not being the most friendly cycling city.

3. A link to my LinkedIn profile can be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/colin-mackenzie-14181871/

Looking forward to learning a lot through this course! Great to hear from everyone!

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top