Reply To: Let’s explore and discuss local examples of cycling infrastructure

Home Forums Module 2 – Linear Infrastructure: Lanes, Paths, and Streets Let’s explore and discuss local examples of cycling infrastructure Reply To: Let’s explore and discuss local examples of cycling infrastructure

Mike Banim
Participant

This is a brand new piece of infrastructure (rapid build, tactical) in my area. This photo was taken a few days after it was put in last week – the paint in the middle isn’t even complete, as there were some cars parked in the way when they were painting the lines!

As you can see, some of the old markings are still visible, and the surface quality isn’t very good. Further down the road the lane widens to nearly 3m wide with excellent quality surface, but I think this would be totally unrepresentative. Similarly on the main road outside my house, the quality of the cycle lane is far, far, far worse than this. I think this is a good representative design of what our council is currently building in these covid-19 times.

This is located on the below google maps link – however, it is so new that it isn’t visible:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3480673,-6.2938088,20.68z

Shopping Cart