Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Anonymous
Inactive

Pura vida everyone!

I hope all is well. My name is Arturo from Costa Rica. I’m an environmental engineeer with a MSc. in Transport Planning and Environmental Policies. I’ve mostly been working on travel plans, electrification of the transport sector and capacity building processes here in San José. I definitely would like to learn more on design and urban planning, since those are approaches that are still required here. I think that the Global North is quite different than the Global South, and the Global South itself is very different. Latin American conditions are even quite different when you talk about the large metropolis and smaller cities such as San José. The Central American region is generally quite unexplored because of its size but it does present quite an opportunity for change.

I work at a NGO called Centro para la Sostenibilidad Urbana as the Sustainable Mobility coordinator and you can contact me at arturo@cpsurbana.org. It’s always a pleasure to work alongside other organizations that could enrich our work here and hopefully they are able to learn a bit from us as well! On most of my social networks you’ll be able to find me as turosteal or Arturo Steinvorth Álvarez.

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top