Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

William Arnold
Participant

I’m from a small prairie city in Canada (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan). I’m a psychologist in clinical-community practice for 3 decades, doing much work with mental health and physical activity. I live in a “winter city”. We have about 100 days per year without freezing weather, so we winter cycle.

1) What areas of expertise do you identify with?

We are very car-centred and are rated as having the lowest fitness in the country. I’m interested in transportation equality, social influences on health and mental health, and see cycling as part of this.

2) How do you think your unique perspective will enhance our collective understanding of designing for cycling?

I was attracted to this course because of the focus on data and evidence as part of the persuading decision and policy makers.  I’m also interested in the user experiences and community connections which cycling brings.

3) If you wish, leave your name & contact & social media information here so other course members can get in touch with you.

look for me @jamesbicycle on twitter

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top