Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Hey everyone, my name is Guillermo, a mexican living in Sweden.

1. I have spent most of my career path within the traffic engineering field. In the beginning I had a strong focus on car traffic, but as I learn and gain more experience, I was more convinced on the need to focus on other, and more sustainable, modes of transport. And well, cycling seems a clear way to go.

2. My perspective is mainly technical as I analyze bicycle traffic in quantifiable ways that can help to design better cycling infrastructure. I am currently doing a PhD on developing and evaluating models to simulate bicycle traffic more accurately. If we manage to represent cyclists through traffic models, they can be used as strong support for infrastructure design.

3. guillermo.perez.castro@vti.se, guillermo.perez.castro@liu.se, http://www.linkedin.com/in/guillermo-pérez-castro

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top