Reply To: Let’s explore and discuss local examples of cycling infrastructure

Home Forums Module 2 – Linear Infrastructure: Lanes, Paths, and Streets Let’s explore and discuss local examples of cycling infrastructure Reply To: Let’s explore and discuss local examples of cycling infrastructure

Arnout Boelens
Participant

Looks like a lovely place to ride along the water.

a) Two incremental improvements I can think of are:

• More separation from the parked cars. A green median in between the cycling path and the parked cars could make it an even more pleasant place to ride away from traffic
  • When I checked out this place on google maps (Shore Line Drive) it seemed that a lot of the side streets were lacking cycling infrastructure. When it is a busy day with people going to the beach, I can imagine it would be nice to have a good cycling routes to get to this path along the coast.

b) Some opposition I can think of:

• Creating more of a median and additional cycling infrastructure on side streets would mean either reduced parking space or a reduction in the number of car lanes. Both are probably not popular.
  • I could imagine people objecting to spending the money to make these changes.
  • A bureaucratic line of opposition used often around here in the Bay Area Peninsula is: “but it is not in the 10 year cycling and pedestrian plan to make these changes”.
Shopping Cart