Welcome to our short online course ‘‘Free Visualisation Tools for Urban Mobility Planning”! This is the second in a series of short free online courses developed in collaboration between EIT Urban Mobility and Humankind.
By gaining some basic visualisation skills, you will be able to bring your ideas to a broader audience.
In the following short course, you will learn how to use Sketchup and Google Earth to create your own street and public space design. These are free online tools, so you don’t need anything except a modern web browser. You will visualise a street intervention and export it in a nice style.
This is the first course in the series, and is aimed at urbanists who have no experience with Sketchup. We will explain exactly what to do from scratch and teach you through all the steps. After that you will come into play – just explore the tools! That’s the only way to really learn.
Who is this course for?
- Urban planners, mobility planners, policy-makers, decision-makers, and other urban professionals with non or limited knowledge of visualisation tools.
- Urbanists willing to improve their design skills.
- Students eager to learn more about urbanism.
What will you learn?
- Additional skills for SketchUp for Web: grouping, tagging, manipulating shapes.
- The basics of Google Slides.
- Visualise a permanent intervention (bike lanes and sidewalk extensions)
Free & Paid Options
You can access and participate in the course for free. If you want to earn a certificate upon completion, you can purchase it. The certificate will be accessible only once the course is successfully completed. Read more here.