Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Jesús Fuentes
Participant

Hello there! My name is Jesús Fuentes and I’m a civil engineer from Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA.

1) What areas of expertise do you identify with? During my 15+ years of experience in project management in southeast Florida, I’ve been involved in the inspection, administration, and completion of several transportation projects for the Florida Department of Transportation, the Fort Lauderdale Downtown Development Authority, and the Miami-Dade Expressway Authority; and more recently, in mobility improvement projects such as buffered/conventional bike lanes, shared use pathways, bikeways (on low-volume streets), woonerfs, as well as mass transit and walkability improvements for different municipalities.

2) How do you think your unique perspective will enhance our collective understanding of designing for cycling? Having being involved in the construction of +11 miles of shared use pathways, +10 miles of bicycle lanes, & +3 miles of other bikeways so far in last 5 years has led me to become a mass transit, complete streets, and “Vision Zero” advocate working to create more accessible, walkable, and bikeable places for all types users.

3) If you wish, leave your name & contact & social media information here so other course members can get in touch with you. Twitter: @jesusfuentes80. LInkedIn: linkedin.com/in/jesusf80.

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top