Home Forums Module 1 – Designing for Cycling: What do you need to know? M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling? Reply To: M1L1 – What can YOUR expertise and background contribute to cycling?

Anonymous
Inactive

1) Hi everyone. My name is Dermot Hanney. I grew up in Dublin, Ireland, but have worked professionally the whole time in London over the past 12 years or so. I am a transport planner by trade, though am not an engineer (coming in from Business and Politics degree). I started in Pedestrian Modelling, then moved to doing more public transport planning, before now focusing more on all transport modes to find sustainable solutions to mitigate impacts of long term housing and employment growth plans for regions.

2) Not only have I had a varied workload professionally in transport, working on pre-feasibility of schemes up to outline design and business case support, but I have lived and frequently visited places around the world that range from the basic to outstanding in terms of cycling city design including Dublin, London, San Diego, Sydney, and Utrecht. Being across such a broad range of cities for any amount of time can really help you appreciate some high quality cycling infrastructure design when you do find it. I’ve recently also taken a particular interest in seeking out high quality cycling infrastructure for London and mapping it out for others to help get the message out on where’s good to cycle http://www.routeplanroll.com

3) You can reach me on Twitter @hanneyDP and @RoutePlanRoll

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top