Home Forums User Experience for Inclusive Cycling in Cities Me and MY City Introduction

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone my name is Rubin Singh Maharjan, I am from Lalitpur Metropolitan City, Nepal. I am working as a Program and Partnership Lead in Nepal Cycle Society (One of the active NGOs working to convert cities into cycle-friendly cities). Professionally I recently completed my Master in Development Studies from Kathmandu University School of Arts. I did my thesis on the topic ” A STUDY ON SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE OF CYCLING, PEOPLE’S TRAVEL BEHAVIOUR AND ATTITUDE TOWARDS CYCLING IN LALITPUR”.

As my city is totally encroached upon by vehicle-centric roads it’s becoming more and more dangerous every day. In total 2500 people have lost their life in accidents from 2007 to 2021 and the trend is slowly increasing. My team here in Nepal are firstly working in Lalitpur Metropolitan City as an example city for all the other city creating a 65 km cycle lane master plan with 6 phase of work of which 2 phase of work has been completed. But due to the lack of knowledge of proper research in order to change the behavior of people in using more cycling and walking as well as the provision of good public transport has become a great challenge.  So, in order to change this I am here to learn different strategies as well as research tools and techniques to implement here in Nepal to shift people’s behavior towards using more cycling, walking, and using public vehicles.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top