Home Forums Module 5 – From awareness to implementation From awareness to implementation

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Luiza Quaglio
      Participant

Your final task is the following:

Which of the recommendations would you introduce at work and how? Choose minimum two.
      Do you think there will be barriers or resistance to overcome, and if so, which?
      Please share your answers. Remember to state the city or country you primarily work in.

Inês Sarti Pascoal
      Participant

Inês, Portugal, MUBi (lobby association for cycle)

1) Safety and security: when making proposals to the municipalities fr implementing new cycle infraestructure, we can include this dimension of safety and security in the urban design.

Barriers: the municipalities dont even care about cycling infraestructure … This is one more thing to teach them

2) Diversity and inclusion: be conscious about the gender balance in our team – board members, associates, volunteers.

Barriers: some man of our team don’t understand the importance of this measure, and we have to again explain.

Taylor Sawyer
      Participant

Barcelona — In my current work, I could see opportunities to encourage our external project leaders to do better data collection like the gender impact assessment and some analysis about women’s views on the outcomes of the projects.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anna, PL

The 2 key measures I would implement are:

1. more diverse boards, committees and groups of decision makers as this would influence the outcomes of policies created and decisions made

2. more primary data and feedback collection from male and female regarding needs, barriers and solutions in transport and mobility as this would give evidence on what the challenges are and how to deal with them

Thomas Bafoil
      Participant

In Havana, Cuba:

3 key actions:

I would develop an EDI policy, which would set the foundation of a gender inclusive strategy.

In parallel, I would also promote the collection of gender segregated data in all studies (with both quantitative and qualitative approach), in order to assess the main differences between local men and women behavior,  feelings, travel patterns, etc.

All of the above with the aim of implementing inclusive actions, such as providing better and safer walking infrastructure, developing safe cycling infrastructure, etc.

Indeed, there may be resistance or barriers, mainly for shifting the man-oriented way people are currently planning the city without being aware of it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top