Home Forums Module 4 – Safety and security Safety and Security

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Luiza Quaglio
      Participant

You have learned how women and men in general experience public space and traveling differently. But what about you?

Is data about safety and security an integral part of your work with urban transport? If so – how do you integrate safety and security in your work?
      Do you collect both quantitative and qualitative data?
      Please, share about the place you live. Remember to state which city, region, or country the data is from.

Taylor Sawyer
      Participant

Barcelona — I recently completed a PhD on child-friendly cities and children’s involvement in urban planning, focusing on Oslo. There are many parallels between what makes a city better for women and what makes a city better for children. I think using a mix of quantitative and qualitative data is essential to understand these topics. I am currently engaged in a project looking at neurodiversity and cities; safety and security are recurrent themes there as well.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anna, PL

Although I currently work in a primary education, I actually collected some data about kids’ mobility at our school. I am still analysing the data, but what is important is that in the questionnaire we touched upon sustainability, not so much on safety and security. Maybe this could be an idea for the next survey though…

Dilip Kumbham
      Participant

Safety is very important measure needs to be considered, the time of departure of the trip will determine if that particular transport is safe or not, also the route. Even the public bus stop is not safe in late evenings.

In my work I don’t work that much with data. Especially in Greece there is a huge gap in data. In SUMPs though I’m trying to collect data regarding mobility, and regarding safety and security through questionnaires for residents and school children.

Berta Carreras
      Participant

Barcelona,

In my work, I’m familiar with mobility data for our studis, but normaly I have dificultis to obtain usful data from regions about mobility relatet with securtity, safety and gender.

Apart from data sources, in my job we try to incorporate urbanism measures to reduise de diferences condictions betwen mens and womans.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top